In other corporate news, Athenahealth ( ATHN) shares slumped 8.4% after the business services company reported third-quarter earnings and revenue that missed forecasts. Jefferies cut the stock to underperform from hold.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), the restaurant operator, reported Thursday below-consensus third-quarter results and said it sees flat to low single-digit same-store sales in 2013. Shares lost15%.
Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) reported a deep third-quarter loss on Thursday, said it plans to cut 15% of its work force, and forecast a sequential decrease in revenue of 9% or so for the fourth quarter. The stock gave back nearly 17%.
Oilfield services company Baker Hughes ( BHI ) reported below-consensus earnings and sales. Shares shed 5%.Shares of Honeywell (HON) gained 1.7% after the diversified technology and manufacturing company beat on the bottom line and missed on the top line.
2012 Stock Predictions and Outlook
|Your one-stop shop for 2012 stock recommendations and market predictions.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV