- Shaw reported earnings for the fourth quarter of $1.68 per share including the Westinghouse segment and $1.86 per share excluding the Westinghouse segment.
- Shaw successfully completed the divestiture of its Energy & Chemicals business resulting in cash proceeds of $290.0 million. Shaw recognized a pre-tax gain of $82.1 million ($70.0 million after tax) in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012 with a fiscal year-to-date pre-tax gain of $53.7 million ($52.5 million after tax) net of related divestiture activities and charges associated with the wind-down of the remaining segment operations.
- Shaw announced it entered into a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by CB&I in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $3.2 billion based on the trading price of CB&I common stock as of Oct. 15, 2012.
- The CB&I acquisition process continues to move forward according to schedule with multiple major milestones accomplished, including the sale of the Energy & Chemicals segment, the expiration of the waiting period for the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and the exercise of the Westinghouse put options.
- Shaw’s total adjusted cash balance at the end of the fourth quarter was approximately $1.4 billion, which includes a cash collection of $107 million from the previously announced GenOn Mid-Atlantic settlement and the cash proceeds from the Energy & Chemicals divestiture.
Shaw Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.