Shaw Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
The Shaw Group Inc. (NYSE: SHAW) today announced financial results for fiscal year 2012 and the quarter ended Aug. 31, 2012.
Significant items in the quarter include:
- Shaw reported earnings for the fourth quarter of $1.68 per share including the Westinghouse segment and $1.86 per share excluding the Westinghouse segment.
- Shaw successfully completed the divestiture of its Energy & Chemicals business resulting in cash proceeds of $290.0 million. Shaw recognized a pre-tax gain of $82.1 million ($70.0 million after tax) in the fourth quarter of fiscal year 2012 with a fiscal year-to-date pre-tax gain of $53.7 million ($52.5 million after tax) net of related divestiture activities and charges associated with the wind-down of the remaining segment operations.
- Shaw announced it entered into a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by CB&I in a cash and stock transaction valued at approximately $3.2 billion based on the trading price of CB&I common stock as of Oct. 15, 2012.
- The CB&I acquisition process continues to move forward according to schedule with multiple major milestones accomplished, including the sale of the Energy & Chemicals segment, the expiration of the waiting period for the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act and the exercise of the Westinghouse put options.
- Shaw’s total adjusted cash balance at the end of the fourth quarter was approximately $1.4 billion, which includes a cash collection of $107 million from the previously announced GenOn Mid-Atlantic settlement and the cash proceeds from the Energy & Chemicals divestiture.
“All of Shaw’s business segments continue to perform well,” said J.M. Bernhard Jr., chairman, president and chief executive officer of Shaw. “We are making progress with the CB&I transaction, with all aspects moving forward as scheduled toward closing in the first quarter of calendar year 2013.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV