I outlined my reasons for turning bullish NFLX in Prepare to Buy Netflix Before It Rises From the Dead.
Hastings has his head down now. And he's positioning Netflix, not only for survival, but for a strong long-term future. Now, he needs to take the next step.
No more cute stories. No more strange YouTubes. No more scripted conference calls. No more comparing yourself to HBO.
Hire a COO. Hire a celebrity spokesperson. Take a step back.By doing these things, Hastings would do more for Netflix than he ever has. And he would, once and for all, put the details of Netflix's founding and other lame theatrics behind him At the time of publication, the author was long FB. Follow @RoccoPendola This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV