Mr. David Hatcher, 69, Chairman of the Board of KMG Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: KMG), has announced his intention to retire as a Director in December 2012 at the conclusion of his current term, and therefore will not stand for nomination as a Director of the company at the upcoming Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Mr. Hatcher has served KMG as a Director for 25 years.
Mr. Hatcher founded KMG in 1985, and served as CEO of the company until 2007. In recognition of Mr. Hatcher’s many contributions to KMG, the Board of Directors will appoint Mr. Hatcher as Chairman Emeritus of the Board upon his retirement.
After the Annual Meeting of Shareholders in December, the Board will select KMG’s next Chairman. The Board members intend to select Mr. Christopher Fraser, 54, a current KMG Board member, to fill that position. He has been nominated with the support of Mr. Hatcher and KMG’s current Board members.
Commenting on Mr. Hatcher’s retirement, Neal Butler, President and CEO of KMG, said, “I am honored to say that David’s vision, leadership and drive were essential in creating the KMG of today. KMG’s core values – centered on safety, integrity, reliability and efficiency – reflect David’s values and will continue to fuel KMG’s success in the years to come. All of us at KMG sincerely thank David for his many years of dedication to KMG and wish him the best in his well-earned retirement.”Mr. Hatcher said, “While difficult to announce retirement from the company I have been a part of for so many years, I look forward to spending more time with family and friends. I have full confidence that KMG will continue to thrive in the years ahead, and I remain very supportive of KMG, the company’s leadership and its growth strategy.” Mr. Hatcher plans to remain a prominent shareholder of KMG.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV