NEW YORK -- Caterpillar (CAT), the heavy construction-equipment maker, is expected by analysts Monday to post third-quarter earnings of $2.23 a share on revenue of $16.79 billion.
Yahoo! (YHOO), the Internet company, is seen reporting third-quarter profit of 26 cents a share on revenue of $1.08 billion.Yahoo! is expected to issue its report after the close of trading Monday. If You're Waiting for a Google Dip, Too Late
Texas Instruments (TXN), the chipmaker, is expected by analysts Monday to post quarterly profit of 45 cents a share, down from 60 cents a share a year earlier, on revenue of $3.34 billion.
Reports are also expected Monday from the likes of Hasbro (HAS), Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold (FCX)and V.F. Corp. (VFC)
BP (BP), the U.K. oil company, confirmed Monday it's in advanced talks about selling its stake in TNK-BP to Rosneft, Russia's state-controlled oil company, in a deal of about $30 billion.
Ancestry.com (ACOM), the genealogy Web site, has agreed to be acquired by an investor group led by European private-equity firm Permira for about $1.6 billion, or $32 a share, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people familiar with the deal. Shares of Ancestry.com closed Friday at $29.18.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV