In closing, Ebel said Spectra remains committed to its dividend and also to creating great American jobs. He said while the average American works makes $45,000 a year, the average pipeline construction works makes $65,000.
Putting it All Together
Finally, Cramer spoke with Nick Akins, president and CEO of American Electric Power (AEP), the utility that takes natural gas drilled by Chesapeake and shipped via Spectra and converts it into clean electricity for users like Timken, who make all those best-in-class products that get sold all over the world.
Akins said industrial power users like Timken are the backbone of AEP's service area. He said that without them, his company's commercial and residential base would also shrink. When asked about the importance of natural gas, Akins noted that 10 years ago this area of Ohio didn't even have natural gas, but now AEP is set to see its gas purchases increase by 150% this year alone.
Turning to the political landscape, Akins said what's most important for AEP and for all of American manufacturing is a tax and regulatory policy that supports business and balances the needs of regulators, shareholders and consumers. He said our government needs to support growth and current policies are making that tepid at best.-- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV