Other stocks active in late trades included Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), which was up incrementally on volume of more than 1.1 million after the ailing chip maker reported a deep third-quarter loss, said it plans to cut 15% of its workforce, and forecast a sequential decrease in revenue of 9% or so for the fourth quarter; Riverbed Technology (RVBD), whose stock jumped more than 10% to $22.89 on volume of more than 1.3 million after the company handily beat the average analyst view for its third-quarter results with earnings of 28 cents a share on revenue of $218.6 million; and Marvell Technology (MRVL), whose shares were off 11.1% to $7.85 on volume of 1.4 million after semiconductor company lowered its third-quarter outlook and said Clyde Hosein is resigning from the chief financial officer position.--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV