Magellan is a large-cap company headquartered in Tulsa, Okla. The company engages in the transportation, storage and distribution of petroleum products in the U.S.
Check out how the stock has performed over the years!Data from Best Stocks Now App As you can see the stock has outperformed the market by a wide margin over every time period, including that fateful year of 2008. The stock has also delivered a steady stream of dividends and capital appreciation over the years. When I compare the performance of Magellan against the other 3,041 investments that I track, it earns a performance grade of "A." This is not easy for a large-cap, dividend paying stock! Check out its track record of dividends. Notice the steady track record of rising dividends over the last five years. Also notice a stock split in 2005. It should be noted that the stock is split 2:1 again earlier this week. While I like good performance in the stocks that I own, I also demand a decent valuation. Magellan has had a very good run recently. The stock is not as cheap as it used to be, but it is about in line with other MLPs. The current dividend yield is still a very good 4.3%. I am OK with the current valuation. Data from Best Stocks Now App The good news is this. Out of the 3,042 stocks that I follow, Magellan Midstream Partners currently ranks at number 104 overall. This overall ranking is based on performance, valuation, and safety. This is an extremely good ranking for a large-cap, conservative, dividend paying stock! Data from Best Stocks Now App Magellan has a made a lot of investors like myself and my clients happy over the last several years. Clients of Gunderson Capital Mgt. Inc. and Bill Gunderson are currently long this stock. And no I don't believe that we have enough pipelines! This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV