October 18, 2012
- Please note that all financial data is consolidated and comprises that of Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S., (the "Company", or "Turkcell") and its subsidiaries and associates (together referred to as the "Group"). All non-financial data is unconsolidated and comprises Turkcell only figures. The terms "we", "us", and "our" in this press release refer only to the Company, except in discussions of financial data, where such terms refer to the Group, and where context otherwise requires.
- In this press release, a year-on-year comparison of our key indicators is provided and figures in parentheses following the operational and financial results for September 30, 2012 refer to the same item as at September 30, 2011. For further details, please refer to our consolidated financial statements and notes as at and for September 30, 2012 which can be accessed via our web site in the investor relations section ( http://www.turkcell.com.tr).
- Please note that the Information and Communication Technologies Authority in Turkey is referred to as "the Telecommunications Authority" herein.
HIGLIGHTS OF THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2012
- Turkcell Group sustained its consistent growth trend in the third quarter of 2012, registering high single-digit revenue growth and achieving sequential improvement in EBITDA margin
- Group revenues rose by 9% to TRY2,753 million (TRY2,527 million) posting all-time highest quarter revenue
- Group EBITDA [ 1 ] also reached TRY912 million (TRY871 million) on a 5% year-on-year increase, while the Group EBITDA margin was at 33.1% (34.5%)
- Turkcell Turkey registered revenues of TRY2,300 million (TRY2,174 million) achieving 6% growth
- Turkcell Turkey grew voice revenues [ 2 ] by 4%, sustaining the growth trend for the fourth consecutive quarter
- Mobile broadband & services revenues rose by 12% to TRY591 million (TRY528 million)
- Mobile broadband revenues reached TRY276 million (TRY207 million) on a rise of 34%
- Mobile broadband and service revenues constituted 26% (24%) of Turkcell Turkey revenues
- Revenues of subsidiaries [ 3 ] showed a 28% increase to TRY453 million (TRY353 million), while their contribution to the top line rose 2pp to 16% (14%)
- EBITDA of subsidiaries [ 3 ] improved by 8% to TRY128 million (TRY118 million), while their contribution to Group EBITDA stayed flat at 14% (14%)
- Group net income increased by 6% to TRY571 million (TRY537 million), mainly driven by strong operational performance, despite one time negative impact of TRY72 million due to impairment recognized for A-Tel.*
(1) EBITDA is a non-GAAP financial measure. See page 12 for the reconciliation of EBITDA to net cash from operating activities.