ALBANY, N.Y., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AMRI (NASDAQ: AMRI) announced today that it has entered into a multi-year supply agreement for an undisclosed product with Shire US Manufacturing Inc., whose parent company, Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPGY), is a global company that focuses its business on behavioral health, gastro intestinal diseases, rare diseases and regenerative medicine. The agreement extends a previously existing agreement between the two companies. The terms of the agreement are confidential.
"We are pleased to extend this agreement with Shire," said Thomas E. D'Ambra, Ph.D., Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of AMRI. "Our partnership lays the groundwork for AMRI to be considered by Shire for future development and manufacturing opportunities."
About AMRIAlbany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization offering customers fully integrated drug discovery, development, and manufacturing services. For over 21 years AMRI has demonstrated its adaptability as the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries have undergone tremendous change in response to multiple challenges. This experience, a track record of success and locations in the United States, Europe and Asia now provides our customers with SMARTSOURCING™, a full range of value-added opportunities providing customers informed decision-making, enhanced efficiency and more successful outcomes at all stages of the pipeline. AMRI has also successfully partnered R&D programs and is actively seeking to out-license its remaining programs for further development. For press releases and additional information about the company, please visit www.amriglobal.com. SOURCE AMRI
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV