(3) The Tier 1 common ratio at E*TRADE Financial is a Q312 estimate and is a non-GAAP measure. Management believes this ratio is an important measure of the Company's capital strength. The Tier 1 common ratio is calculated as follows (dollars in thousands):
|Q3 2012||Q2 2012||Q3 2011|
|Losses in OCI on AFS debt securities and cash flow hedges, net of tax||(307,587||)||(343,238||)||(378,676||)|
|Goodwill and other intangible assets, net of deferred tax liabilities||1,897,547||1,914,018||1,975,293|
|Disallowed servicing assets and deferred tax assets||1,267,471||1,304,810||1,312,423|
|Tier 1 common||$||2,236,423||$||2,204,019||$||2,037,175|
|Total risk-weighted assets||$||20,606,671||$||21,696,165||$||21,998,899|
|Tier 1 common ratio (Tier 1 common / Total risk-weighted assets)||10.9||%||10.2||%||9.3||%|
(4) In Q112, the Company transitioned from reporting under the OTS reporting requirements to reporting under the OCC reporting requirements. The Tier 1 leverage ratio in this release is the OCC Tier 1 leverage ratio for Q312 and Q212 and the OTS Tier 1 capital ratio previously reported for Q311. The OTS Tier 1 capital ratio and OCC Tier 1 leverage ratio are both calculated using total adjusted assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV