- Net loss of $29 million, or $0.10 loss per share on total net revenue of $490 million
- Gain on securities revenue of $79 million, including gains related to securities sold to reduce asset balances as a result of the termination of $520 million in wholesale funding obligations, which resulted in a $51 million loss on early extinguishment of debt
- Provision for loan losses of $141 million, including $50 million related to new data on borrower bankruptcies acquired by the Company
- Total special mention delinquencies decreased six percent sequentially; total at-risk delinquencies decreased seven percent
- Total operating expenses of $289 million, including $13 million in severance paid for Company’s prior CEO
- Balance sheet growth of $1.2 billion, driven by $3.2 billion in customer inflows and customer net selling, offset by of $1.3 billion from deleveraging actions
- Daily Average Revenue Trades (DARTs) of 129,000
- Net new brokerage accounts of 18,000, representing year-to-date net new accounts of 110,000, for 5.3% annualized growth
- Net new brokerage assets of $1.9 billion, representing year-to-date net new assets of $8.1 billion, for 7.4% annualized growth (1) ; end of period customer assets of $204 billion
E*TRADE Financial Corporation Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.