Acacia Research Corporation (1) (Nasdaq: ACTG) today reported results for the three months ended September 30, 2012.
- Revenues in the third quarter of 2012 were $34,939,000, as compared to revenues and other operating income of $63,036,000 in the comparable prior year quarter.
- Revenues for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 were $184,463,000, as compared to revenues and other operating income of $163,912,000 in the comparable prior year period.
- GAAP net loss in the third quarter of 2012 was $6,402,000, or $0.13 per diluted share, as compared to GAAP net income of $10,803,000, or $0.25 per diluted share for the comparable prior year quarter.
- Non-GAAP net income in the third quarter of 2012 was $8,450,000, or $0.17 per diluted share, as compared to $18,024,000, or $0.42 per diluted share for the comparable prior year quarter. See below for information regarding non-GAAP measures.
- Trailing twelve-month revenues and other operating income as of the end of the third quarter of 2012 increased 16% to $205,258,000, as compared to $177,014,000 as of the end of the prior year quarter.
Consolidated Financial Results
Financial highlights and operating activities during the periods presented included the following:
|Three Months Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|September 30,||September 30,|
|Revenues and other operating income (in thousands)||$||34,939||$||63,036||$||184,463||$||163,912|
|Net income (loss) (in thousands)||$||(6,402||)||$||10,803||$||49,847||$||25,295|
|Non-GAAP net income (in thousands)||$||8,450||$||18,024||$||97,158||$||45,234|
|Diluted earnings (loss) per share||$||(0.13||)||$||0.25||$||1.04||$||0.62|
|Pro forma non-GAAP net earnings per common share - diluted||$||0.17||$||0.42||$||2.03||$||1.11|
|New revenue agreements||33||24||111||88|
|Licensing programs generating revenues||31||22||58||49|
|Licensing programs with initial revenues||9||4||22||17|
|New patent portfolios||13||8||45||25|
|As of Date:||
Trailing Twelve-Month Revenues*
|September 30, 2012||$||205,258||-12||%|
|June 30, 2012||233,355||5||%|
|March 31, 2012||222,617||21||%|
|December 31, 2011||184,707||4||%|
|September 30, 2011||177,014||-|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV