eBay (EBAY) is a global commerce platform and payments provider. This stock is trading up 3.9% at $50.08 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 25.9 millionAverage Volume: 11.1 million Volume % Change: 242% Shares of EBAY are ripping higher here after the company reported third-quarter profits that beat Wall Street forecasts by a penny on sales gains by its PayPal and Marketplace units. >>5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings From a technical perspective, EBAY is bouncing strongly to the upside here right around its 50-day moving average of $47.76 with monster volume. This move is quickly pushing EBAY within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once EBAY manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $50.24 to $50.65 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in EBAY as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 11.1 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for EBAY to tag $55 to $60 in the near future. Keep in mind that any move above $50.65 will push EBAY into new 52-week high territory, which would be bullish technical price action.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV