NetScout Systems (NTCT) designs, develops, manufactures, markets, licenses, sells and supports market application and network performance management and service assurance solutions for the Internet protocol based service delivery environments. This stock is trading up 7% at $25.30 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 706,000Average Volume: 211,414 Volume % Change: 361% Shares of NTCT are trending up here after the company crushed Wall Street expectations with its fiscal second quarter earnings that grew 42% to 34 cents per share vs. analysts estimates of 26 cents per share. Sales jumped 16% to $84.5 million, also above Wall Street expectations. >>5 Big Stocks to Trade This Earnings Season From a technical perspective, NTCT is gapping up sharply here back above its 50-day at $24.71 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing NTCT within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once NTCT manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $26.59 with high volume. At last check, NTCT has hit an intraday high of $26.31 and volume is tracking in well above its three-month average action of 211,414 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in NTCT as long as its trending above its 50-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above $26.59 with volume that tracks in near or above 211,414 shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV