SKECHERS USA, Inc. (NYSE:SKX), a global leader in lifestyle product and innovator of performance footwear, today announced that legendary Hall of Fame baseball manager Tommy Lasorda, Dancing with the Stars co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet, and fitness expert Denise Austin will host the fourth annual SKECHERS Pier to Pier Friendship Walk on Sunday, October 28. Each celebrity shares a long history with SKECHERS; Lasorda – a loyal friend of the Company for many years – will appear in a new SKECHERS ad campaign later this fall, and both Burke-Charvet and Austin have supported the Company’s footwear collections as celebrity endorsees.
SKECHERS is anticipating 10,000 participants at this year’s Pier to Pier Friendship Walk, which is presented by Nickelodeon, and will aim to surpass the $600,000 fundraising total from 2011. Since its 2009 launch, the walk has raised $1.2 million to help retain vital educational programs, maintain smaller class sizes, upgrade school technology, as well as support The Friendship Circle – a non-profit organization that assists children with special needs and their families through one-on-one peer mentoring and social programming ( www.gotfriends.com).
“We are thrilled that Tommy, Brooke and Denise are hosting this year’s walk and devoting their time to help the SKECHERS Foundation raise awareness and funds for these important causes,” said SKECHERS president Michael Greenberg. “Schools rely on this additional funding to maintain valuable programs that are constantly threatened by budget cuts, and the Friendship Circle creates a life-changing environment that not only helps children with special needs, but also influences teen volunteers to become caring mentors who give back to the community. These children are the future of our nation, so it’s crucial that we step up and provide the financial support they need to succeed.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV