"Earlier this morning RR Donnelley, the financial printer, informed us that they had filed our draft 8K earnings statement without authorization," explained Google, in an email to TheStreet. "We have ceased trading on NASDAQ while we work to finalize the document."
"Once it's finalized we will release our earnings, resume trading on NASDAQ and hold our earnings call as normal at 1:30 Pacific Time," she added.
Google shares plunged 9.01% to $687.39, before being halted around 12.50 PM ET.Shares of RR Donnelly dipped 0.83% to $10.76 during mid-afternoon trading. R.R. Donnelly has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story. Further adding to Google's bad day, the company missed both Wall Street's top and bottom line estimates, according to the earnings press release. The Mountain View, Calif.-based firm earned $9.03 a share on revenue of $11.33 billion during the third quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of $10.65 a share and sales of $11.862 billion. TheStreet plans to live-blog Google's third-quarter earnings release and conference call, starting at 3.45PM ET: -- Written by James Rogers and Chris Ciaccia in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers Follow @commodity_bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV