"Earlier this morning RR Donnelley, the financial printer, informed us that they had filed our draft 8K earnings statement without authorization," explained Google, in an email to TheStreet. "We have ceased trading on NASDAQ while we work to finalize the document."
"Once it's finalized we will release our earnings, resume trading on NASDAQ and hold our earnings call as normal at 1:30 Pacific Time," she added.
Google shares plunged 9.01% to $687.39, before being halted around 12.50 PM ET.Shares of RR Donnelly dipped 0.83% to $10.76 during mid-afternoon trading. R.R. Donnelly has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story. Further adding to Google's bad day, the company missed both Wall Street's top and bottom line estimates, according to the earnings press release. The Mountain View, Calif.-based firm earned $9.03 a share on revenue of $11.33 billion during the third quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of $10.65 a share and sales of $11.862 billion. TheStreet plans to live-blog Google's third-quarter earnings release and conference call, starting at 3.45PM ET: --Written by James Rogers and Chris Ciaccia in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers Follow @commodity_bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV