Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development and deployment of business applications, today announced that Medical Data Systems (MDS) has chosen its Progress® DataDirect Connect® for ADO.NET driver to ensure reliable data connectivity throughout the system’s revenue management cycle.
MDS required a fast and reliable way to upload millions of patient records into the systems for collections processing within 24 hours of receipt. Following a recent database upgrade, the MDS IT team encountered “blocking locks” during upload, which stopped the file processing from occurring. The team needed a solution that would let them avoid costly and time-consuming recoding with every database upgrade.
The DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET driver provides direct, seamless data access within ADO.net frameworks and has been thoroughly proven in data transaction intensive environments where high performance, stability and security are mission-critical requirements. The driver succeeded in creating a direct connection to the MDS relational database management system (RDBMS), allowing for reliable and high-performing database connectivity. This drastically reduced uploading delays and errors that could have negatively affected MDS revenues.
For more detail, read the complete Medical Data Systems case study: http://www.datadirect.com/case-study/Medical-Data-Systems.htmlProgress Software is the software industry’s leading comprehensive provider of software for connecting the world’s most critical business applications to data and services, running on any platform, using proven and emerging standards. Developers worldwide depend on DataDirect products to connect their applications to an unparalleled range of data sources using standards-based interfaces such as ODBC, JDBC and ADO.NET, XQuery and SOAP. More than 300 leading independent software vendors and thousands of enterprises rely on Progress Software to simplify and streamline data connectivity for distributed systems and to reduce the complexity of mainframe integration. Quotes:
- “We work with huge volumes of data every day, and delays in uploading that data negatively impact our revenue,” said Tim McDonald, senior software developer, Medical Data Systems. “The DataDirect Connect for ADO.NET driver provides us with the reliable connectivity needed to consistently upload our patients’ data, including throughout our frequent system upgrades, without investing in the expensive recoding process on a regular basis. This reliability allows us to meet our data management goals and helps ensure that there are no hold-ups in the revenue cycle.”
- “No matter what field you’re in, a fast, dependable connection to your data is paramount in ensuring that business functions run smoothly and that money isn’t lost due to downtime or unnecessary resource use,” said Michael Benedict, vice president and business line manager, Progress DataDirect. “We’re pleased that MDS has benefited from the reliable connectivity offered by our driver, and we look forward to continuing to help them meet their evolving data access needs.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV