JOHANNESBURG, October 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Gold Fields Limited (Gold Fields) (JSE, NYSE, NASDAQ Dubai: GFI) confirms that approximately 11,000 striking employees at KDC West today reported for work before the deadline of 14h00.
Approximately 1,500 employees who did not report for work before the deadline are deemed dismissed. The dismissed workers have 24 hours within which to lodge appeals against their dismissals.
KDC West has a workforce of 14,300. The balance of 1,800 people did not participate in the strike.Gold Fields, on Monday, 16 October, 2012, issued a final ultimatum to striking employees at KDC West and Beatrix, to present themselves for work by no later than 14h00 today, Thursday, 18 October, 2012, or face immediate dismissal. Employees at Beatrix 1, 2 and 3 Shafts returned to work yesterday while those at Beatrix 4 Shaft returned this morning. At KDC East, which was not covered by this ultimatum, 8,000 employees remain on strike. Notes to editors About Gold Fields Gold Fields is one of the world's largest unhedged producers of gold with attributable annualised production of 3.5 million gold equivalent ounces from eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. Gold Fields also has an extensive and diverse global growth pipeline with four major projects in resource development and feasibility, with construction decisions expected in the next 18 to 24 months. Gold Fields has total attributable gold equivalent Mineral Reserves of 80.6 million ounces and Mineral Resources of 217 million ounces. Gold Fields is listed on the JSE Limited (primary listing), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), NASDAQ Dubai Limited, Euronext in Brussels (NYX) and the Swiss Exchange (SWX). Sponsor: J.P. Morgan Equities Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV