One under-$10 stock in the grocery store complex that's trading very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Supervalu (SVU), which, together with its subsidiaries, operates retail and wholesale food stores in the U.S. This stock has been crushed by the sellers so far in 2012, with shares down by a whopping 70%.
Shares of SVU are spiking notably higher today by 7% to $2.20 after the company said its review of strategic alternatives is proceeding and that it is in talks with several parties.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV