Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster noted eBay is likely to see its share of attention.
"We expect that the awareness and optimism around mobile payments is likely to continue to increase over the next two years, and despite questions about how and to what extent PayPal will participate, shares of EBAY will likely get caught up in the positive attention," Munster wrote. He rates eBay overweight with a $60 price target.
As the mobile payments story continues to play out over the next few years, PayPal is poised to capture more volume and increase market share. Active accounts grew 14% this quarter, up from 13% in the prior quarter.Munster noted that it's still hard to predict when mobile payments will add incremental growth; he believes it's likely to happen in late 2013 or 2014 as the space continues to take form and shape. It's become clear that PayPal is the major growth driver for eBay and will likely continue to be so as the mobile payment space continues to take space. With eBay shares up 66.07% year to date, it's not hard to see PayPal eventually overtaking eBay's Marketplaces as the leading revenue generator for eBay in the next couple of quarters. That's a move you can take to the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV