REDONDO BEACH, Calif., Oct. 18, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE:NOC) today announced it has appointed James Culmo vice president of the company's newly-formed High-Altitude, Long Endurance (HALE) Enterprise.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=15299 .
In his new role, Culmo will lead the HALE Enterprise organization, comprising such signature unmanned programs as the U.S. Air Force Global Hawk; the EURO HAWK®, the first high-altitude, long-endurance, signals intelligence unmanned aircraft system for the German Ministry of Defense; the U.S. Navy MQ-4C Triton; and NATO Airborne Ground Surveillance. A key objective of the position will be to enhance the efficiencies and operations of the programs' common architecture.Prior to this appointment, Culmo served as vice president and deputy general manager for Northrop Grumman's Military Aircraft Systems business. In this role, he provided day-to-day support for the management and execution of a diverse portfolio that includes the U.S. Navy's E-2 Hawkeye, F/A-18 Super Hornet and C-2 Greyhound; the U.S. Air Force's E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System, B-2 bomber and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter; and Information Operations and Electronic Attack programs including the U.S. Navy's EA-18G Growler and the EA-6B Prowler aircraft. Culmo joined Northrop Grumman in 1999 and focused his efforts on the E-2D development program, culminating with his assignment as program director. Following that system's successful critical design review, Culmo was named deputy program manager for the company's Airborne Early Warning and Battle Management Command and Control business. In 2009 he was appointed vice president for this program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV