- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.37 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending October 18, 2012, down from last week when it averaged 3.39 percent. Last year at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.11 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 2.66 percent with an average 0.6 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.70 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.38 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.75 percent this week with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.73 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.01 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.60 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.59 percent. last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.94 percent.
Mortgage Rates Near Record Lows As Home Construction Builds Up Steam
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.