- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 3.37 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending October 18, 2012, down from last week when it averaged 3.39 percent. Last year at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.11 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 2.66 percent with an average 0.6 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.70 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.38 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.75 percent this week with an average 0.6 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.73 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.01 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.60 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, up from last week when it averaged 2.59 percent. last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.94 percent.
Mortgage Rates Near Record Lows As Home Construction Builds Up Steam
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts