Because I have been consistent and aggressive in my covered call writing, by selling at $9, I actually come in just shy of breakeven when you combine the loss on the stock position and the income collected by writing covered calls. Plus, with this shroud of negativity that Pandora cannot seem to kick, I should be able to renter the position prior to earnings in the single digits.
In summary, it does concern me that Westergren declined to appear on camera. We'll get together in the future, but it would have looked better answering these questions in front of the lights as opposed to on the telephone.
As far as the stock goes, I am not dying to get back in it, however, the long-term story still remains intact. Through all of the noise, growth at Pandora has not taken as much as a breather.
As a speculative play, Pandora still stands as one of the better choices for aggressive long-term investors, particularly those willing and able to hedge with options.At the time of publication, the author was long P. Follow @RoccoPendola This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV