JERUSALEM, October 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (OTCBB:ORMP) ( http://www.oramed.com), a developer of oral drug delivery systems, announced today that Gerald Ostrov, former top executive of Johnson & Johnson and Bausch & Lomb, joined its board as Director.
Mr. Ostrov has a long history of excellence and innovative thinking within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Consumer sectors. He began his career with Johnson & Johnson in their Health Care Division in 1976. After leaving the company for almost a decade to assume top executive roles for Ciba-Geigy Consumer Pharmaceuticals Company (which went on to merge with Sandoz in 1996 to become the pharmaceutical giant Novartis), Mr. Ostrov returned to Johnson & Johnson in 1991 to serve as President of Consumer & Personal Care Products Unit. Within a few years he was promoted to Company Group Chairman and became responsible for all Consumer and Personal Care businesses in North America shortly thereafter.
Beginning in 1998 until his retirement in 2006, Mr. Ostrov very successfully served as Company Group Chairman for Johnson & Johnson's Worldwide Vision Care businesses. He came out of retirement in 2008 to serve as Chairman and CEO of Bausch & Lomb until 2010. During his appointment as CEO, Mr. Ostrov assisted in the stabilization and streamlining of the company's business component following its privatization by private equity investors. He increased operating profit and cash flow via his focus on creating an innovative pipeline to ensure long term value, and decreased cost while improving quality."We are very pleased that Gerald has joined Oramed's Board of Directors. He brings much leadership experience and vision to the table, and we trust in his ability to contribute to Oramed's business model and long-term goals for establishing the company's pipeline on a global scale."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV