"As we look out over the next several months, the political and financial challenges in the U.S. and abroad have increased economic uncertainty," Koraleski said. "In this environment, we'll continue to be agile as we were in the third quarter."
Koraleski said he expects the economy to continue to grow slowly in the last three months of 2012, but he thinks everyone is closely watching the presidential elections and what Congress does about the "fiscal cliff" of spending cuts and expiring tax cuts.
Railroad results are considered an indicator of the health of the economy. That's because the carloads of products and raw materials railroads carry can tell investors how other businesses are doing.
Union Pacific operates 32,400 miles of track in 23 states from the Midwest to the West and Gulf coasts.___ Follow Josh Funk online at www.twitter.com/funkwrite ___ Online: Union Pacific Corp.: www.up.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV