Usdin said that the company's fourth-quarter guidance "calls for: 1) $890mm of net interest income (worse than expected), 2) NIM compression, 3) $710mm in fees (better than expected), 4) $970mm-$975mm in expenses (worse than expected), and 5) $150mm in charge-offs (better than expected)." In sum, the guidance calls for fourth-quarter pre-provision earnings of about $617 million, which is ahead of Usdin's estimate of $594 million.
Fifth Third Bancorp's shares returned 21% year-to-date, through Wednesday's close at $15.13.
The shares trade for 1.3 times their reported Sept. 30 tangible book value of $12.12, and for 10.5 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.59. Based on a quarterly payout of f10 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.64%.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV