MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (Nasdaq: OMCL) and Cerner (Nasdaq: CERN) today announced the formation of an agreement focused on interoperability between Cerner® and Omnicell® solutions using the CareAware iBus™.
This relationship was formed to decrease implementation costs, time, and maintenance for shared clients, while providing new clinical workflows to enhance efficiency and patient safety. The planned plug-and-play solution is intended to bring a new model of interoperability to the industry. Under the agreement Omnicell will be able to offer their Cerner customers a complete, turnkey solution.
The CareAware iBus is Cerner's solution that connects medical devices bidirectionally to any electronic health record to support the entire care process. By integrating with CareAware iBus, Omnicell products will provide access to information and enable transformative workflows, previously unavailable through traditional interface standards. The joint development plan provides for connectivity to the CareAware iBus for the entire Omnicell G4 platform of products: pharmacy automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs), supply ADCs, Anesthesia Workstation™, Controlled Substance Management System (CSM), Anywhere RN™, and Savvy™ Mobile Medication System.
"For over 20 years, Omnicell has demonstrated a record of integrating our solutions across a wide variety of healthcare organizations," said Nhat Ngo, executive vice president of strategy and business development at Omnicell. "This collaboration shows the power of two companies coming together to address the evolving needs of healthcare providers. Interoperability is an absolute must in today's rapidly changing healthcare environment, and this new relationship will help ensure our customers gain the maximum return on their Omnicell and Cerner investments."Cerner, ranked number fourteen on the list of most innovative companies by Forbes, and Omnicell, KLAS leader seven years in a row, have a development roadmap including new capabilities that will take advantage of information available through direct device and system interoperability to the CareAware iBus. The planned functionality focuses on patient-centric medication and supply management processes, rather than the logistics of the items being managed, which is the more common practice today. The Cerner and Omnicell alliance is expected to:
- Streamline medication and supply management processes throughout the health care enterprise;
- Drive down hospital costs and improve care by reducing the complexity of care delivery;
- Ensure complete and accurate data capture throughout the medication administration and management process, as well as perioperative care.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV