Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp. (NASDAQ: CIDM), the global leader in digital cinema, today announced a long-term VPF deployment agreement with a subsidiary of Reading International, Inc. (NASDAQ: RDI), providing for the digital conversion of some of the nation’s most prestigious and successful independent arthouses.
The agreement contemplates that Reading, through its affiliates, will deploy up to 253 digital systems, with installation expected to be completed by the end of 2012. The agreement will enable the conversion of theatres to digital cinema under the terms of Cinedigm’s long-term agreements with all the major studios, as well as ongoing interim agreements with over one hundred independent distributors.
Reading, through its affiliates, owns and/or operates cinemas throughout North America, including the Angelika Film Center, City Cinemas' Paris Theatre in NYC, Consolidated Theatres in Hawaii and Reading Cinemas in California and New Jersey. In addition to owning and/or operating cinemas in Australia and New Zealand, Reading is also engaged in real estate development in North America, New Zealand and Australia and operates "Off-Broadway" live theaters in New York and Chicago.
“We feel exceptionally fortunate to play such an important role as Reading transforms their prominent theatres to digital,” said Gary Loffredo, Cinedigm’s President of Digital Cinema Services. “Reading’s theatres are truly the cream of the crop in the markets they serve and we are certain they will immediately benefit from digital cinema technology.”Bob Smerling, the President of Reading’s US Cinema group said that, “After a long due diligence process, we are very happy to be working with Cinedigm on our digital conversion. They will be great partners in the rapidly changing digital cinema environment.” About Cinedigm Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp. is a leader in providing the services, experience, technology and content critical to transforming movie theaters into digital and networked entertainment centers. The Company partners with Hollywood movie studios, independent movie distributors, and exhibitors to bring movies in digital cinema format to audiences across the country. Cinedigm's digital cinema deployment organization, state of the art distributor and exhibition software, and marketing and distribution platform for alternative content and independent films are a cornerstone of the industry's digital cinema transformation. With the April acquisition of New Video, the world's largest aggregator of independent digital content and leading distributor of quality entertainment, CIDM has created a new full service end-to-end digital studio, enabling the Company to acquire and distribute independent films and specialty content both theatrically and via digital, mobile and home media platforms. Cinedigm™ and Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp™ are trademarks of Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp www.cinedigm.com. CIDM-G About Reading International, Inc. (NASDAQ: RDI) Reading International ( http://www.readingrdi.com) is in the business of owning and operating cinemas and developing, owning and operating real estate assets. Reading’s business consists primarily of:
- the development, ownership and operation of multiplex cinemas in the United States, Australia and New Zealand; and
- the development, ownership, and operation of retail and commercial real estate in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, including entertainment-themed retail centers in Australia and New Zealand and live theater assets in Manhattan and Chicago in the United States.
- in the United States, under the
- Reading brand ( http://www.readingcinemasus.com),
- Angelika Film Center brand ( http://www.angelikafilmcenter.com),
- Consolidated Theatres brand ( http://www.consolidatedtheatres.com),
- City Cinemas brand ( http://www.citycinemas.com),
- Beekman Theatre brand ( http://www.beekmantheatre.com),
- The Paris Theatre brand ( http://www.theparistheatre.com), and
- in Australia, under the Reading brand ( http://www.readingcinemas.com.au); and
- in New Zealand, under the