SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Qualcomm Technologies Inc. (QTI) today announced that its networking and connectivity subsidiary, Qualcomm Atheros Inc., has added a dozen new technology partners, demonstrating continued momentum of its Internet of Everything (IOE) global initiatives. The new agreements focus on Qualcomm Atheros' AR4100 and AR4100P Wi-Fi solutions, designed for machine-to-machine applications, and include collaborations with Future Electronics for distribution to customers in North America, Japan and Europe; RTX to develop custom modules, drivers and value-added software; and Card Access Engineering for development of custom driver and demo hardware.
Qualcomm Atheros' IOE portfolio features advanced, standards-based wired and wireless technologies that enable scalable IP infrastructure for smart energy, intelligent home, security, building automation, remote health and wellness monitoring, and a variety of other machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
The Qualcomm Atheros AR4100 is a small form-factor, single-stream, 802.11n Wi-Fi system-in-package (SIP) device that enables manufacturers to reduce M2M system costs and simplify system design. The AR4100P is an enhanced version of the FCC-certified AR4100 that includes an integrated IPv4/IPv6 TCP/IP stack enabling lower system costs and easier technology adoption.
Spanning the areas of software, microcontrollers (MCUs), modules, design, manufacturing and distribution, Qualcomm Atheros' IOE partners now include:
- Freescale Semiconductor – Freescale, a provider of embedded processing solutions, offers AR4100 support on Freescale's Tower System, a modular development platform designed to reduce time-to-market through rapid prototyping and tool reuse. Qualcomm Atheros and Freescale have also cooperated on the Freescale SABRE tablet design, home health and energy management solutions.
- Energy Micro – Energy Micro develops energy friendly MCUs and RF, and provides the EFM32 Gecko MCU at the core of the complete QCASP137 low-power AR4100P WLAN development platform.
- H&D Wireless – Wi-Fi technology partner H&D Wireless offers off-the-shelf modules and custom design for the AR4100 and AR4100P, along with a variety of value-added software offerings available via global distribution.
- RTX – RTX, a partner to major enterprise, industrial and consumer-oriented OEMs, designs and manufactures standard and customer-specific wireless modules based on the AR4100.
- Spectrum – Spectrum, which helps customers smoothly transition to manufacturing RF technology, has experience with both hardware and software implementations of AR4100 devices.
- Card Access Engineering – Card Access Engineering, the first official Qualcomm Atheros Design Center, has developed custom driver and demo hardware for AR4100 devices. Card Access Engineering also exclusively offers Certi-FI, a Qualcomm- Atheros-approved FCC certification service for the AR4100 and AR4100P.
- Intelligraphics – Intelligraphics provides completed custom drivers and hardware designs for the AR4100 and AR4100P; customer ports include work on the MSP430 and the PIC MCUs from Microchip.
- IAR Systems – Qualcomm Atheros incorporates IAR Systems' compilers as part of the company's development kits for embedded systems.
- Future Electronics – Future Electronics is now a worldwide distributor for the AR4100, with a technical sales and support team that has been fully trained on AR4100 devices.
- Lian-Mueller (LME) – LME is an authorized distributor for all Qualcomm Atheros products including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Ethernet, powerline and mobile product lines, including the AR4100P.
- Hi-Flying – Hi-Flying is located in China and offers custom modules based on the AR4100P, including a suite of value-added software that can be customized to customer requirements.
- Axios and Uniquest – Based in Korea, Axios and Uniquest distribute best-in-class technology solutions by the world's top manufacturers and suppliers. These partners offer Qualcomm Atheros products to their networks of customers.