SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Qualcomm Technologies Inc. (QTI) today announced that its networking and connectivity subsidiary, Qualcomm Atheros Inc., has added a dozen new technology partners, demonstrating continued momentum of its Internet of Everything (IOE) global initiatives. The new agreements focus on Qualcomm Atheros' AR4100 and AR4100P Wi-Fi solutions, designed for machine-to-machine applications, and include collaborations with Future Electronics for distribution to customers in North America, Japan and Europe; RTX to develop custom modules, drivers and value-added software; and Card Access Engineering for development of custom driver and demo hardware.
Qualcomm Atheros' IOE portfolio features advanced, standards-based wired and wireless technologies that enable scalable IP infrastructure for smart energy, intelligent home, security, building automation, remote health and wellness monitoring, and a variety of other machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
The Qualcomm Atheros AR4100 is a small form-factor, single-stream, 802.11n Wi-Fi system-in-package (SIP) device that enables manufacturers to reduce M2M system costs and simplify system design. The AR4100P is an enhanced version of the FCC-certified AR4100 that includes an integrated IPv4/IPv6 TCP/IP stack enabling lower system costs and easier technology adoption.
Spanning the areas of software, microcontrollers (MCUs), modules, design, manufacturing and distribution, Qualcomm Atheros' IOE partners now include:
- Freescale Semiconductor – Freescale, a provider of embedded processing solutions, offers AR4100 support on Freescale's Tower System, a modular development platform designed to reduce time-to-market through rapid prototyping and tool reuse. Qualcomm Atheros and Freescale have also cooperated on the Freescale SABRE tablet design, home health and energy management solutions.
- Energy Micro – Energy Micro develops energy friendly MCUs and RF, and provides the EFM32 Gecko MCU at the core of the complete QCASP137 low-power AR4100P WLAN development platform.
- H&D Wireless – Wi-Fi technology partner H&D Wireless offers off-the-shelf modules and custom design for the AR4100 and AR4100P, along with a variety of value-added software offerings available via global distribution.
- RTX – RTX, a partner to major enterprise, industrial and consumer-oriented OEMs, designs and manufactures standard and customer-specific wireless modules based on the AR4100.
- Spectrum – Spectrum, which helps customers smoothly transition to manufacturing RF technology, has experience with both hardware and software implementations of AR4100 devices.
- Card Access Engineering – Card Access Engineering, the first official Qualcomm Atheros Design Center, has developed custom driver and demo hardware for AR4100 devices. Card Access Engineering also exclusively offers Certi-FI, a Qualcomm- Atheros-approved FCC certification service for the AR4100 and AR4100P.
- Intelligraphics – Intelligraphics provides completed custom drivers and hardware designs for the AR4100 and AR4100P; customer ports include work on the MSP430 and the PIC MCUs from Microchip.
- IAR Systems – Qualcomm Atheros incorporates IAR Systems' compilers as part of the company's development kits for embedded systems.
- Future Electronics – Future Electronics is now a worldwide distributor for the AR4100, with a technical sales and support team that has been fully trained on AR4100 devices.
- Lian-Mueller (LME) – LME is an authorized distributor for all Qualcomm Atheros products including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Ethernet, powerline and mobile product lines, including the AR4100P.
- Hi-Flying – Hi-Flying is located in China and offers custom modules based on the AR4100P, including a suite of value-added software that can be customized to customer requirements.
- Axios and Uniquest – Based in Korea, Axios and Uniquest distribute best-in-class technology solutions by the world's top manufacturers and suppliers. These partners offer Qualcomm Atheros products to their networks of customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV