When it became obvious that the USADA nailed him to the wall, Armstrong never owned up. All we received were prepared statements and lame Tweets. Contrast that with this must-watch interview, via the CBC, with Canadian cyclist Michael Barry.
You've got to give a "dirty" guy credit for finally coming clean. That was sincere; something we rarely get from Armstrong. Right till the end.
And that's part of what bothers me.
The jig is up, man. We all know the deal. Stop making sure that everybody is on the same page. Stop the fine art of manipulation and control. Shut down the PR and marketing departments. For once, be real, and you might have a shot at salvaging the remnants of love and admiration millions like me have for you.I give every month to Livestrong. At the checkout stand at the grocery store, I feel guilty (for want of a better word) if I do not hit the button to donate a dollar or three to the breast cancer fundraising drive. I do it in spite of Lance Armstrong. I do it for my mother-in-law. I do it because it makes me want to scream and cry every time I hear that another person -- a celebrity, a friend, a family member, somebody I have never met -- was diagnosed. If Nike or Radio Shack really gave a damn about doping, lying and misleading, they would have dropped Armstrong a long time ago. They were fine rolling with something like plausible deniability. These two corporations -- one running on all cylinders, the other on the verge of extinction -- only acted out of fear that their respective images would suffer. That makes the threesome of Nike, Radio Shack and Lance Armstrong a match made in heaven. If either of these organizations have a social conscience or moral compass, they'll contribute a million bucks to Livestrong in spite of its founder. Radio Shack can issue it in the form of an I.O.U. We understand.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV