This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Baxter Delivers Solid Financial Performance In Line With Guidance For Third Quarter 2012

Medical Products sales of $2.0 billion were also in line with the prior-year period. Excluding the impact of foreign currency, Medical Products revenues increased 4 percent resulting from strong growth of injectable drugs, anesthesia products and nutritional therapies, and the benefit from the company’s acquisition of Baxa Corporation, with incremental sales totaling more than $40 million.

''The solid underlying fundamentals of our businesses continue to be supported by the medically-necessary nature of our portfolio and therapies, growing global demand, and our broad global presence,'' said Robert L. Parkinson, Jr., chairman and chief executive officer. ''In addition, our company’s strong financial position provides continued flexibility to invest in innovation, advance our new product pipeline, and pursue new business development opportunities to enhance future growth.''

Nine-Month Results

For the first nine months of 2012, Baxter’s net income increased 4 percent to $1.83 billion from $1.76 billion last year, while earnings per diluted share advanced 8 percent to $3.29 per diluted share from $3.06 per diluted share reported in the prior-year period. On an adjusted basis, excluding special items, Baxter reported net income for the nine-month period of $1.82 billion, comparable to the prior-year period. On a per share basis, adjusted earnings per diluted share of $3.27 increased 4 percent from $3.14 last year.

Baxter’s worldwide revenues totaled $10.4 billion and increased 1 percent (or 4 percent excluding the impact of foreign currency) compared to sales of $10.3 billion in the same period of 2011. The company’s sales within the United States grew 6 percent in the year-to-date period, while international sales declined 2 percent during the period (and increased 3 percent excluding the impact of foreign currency). On a year-to-date basis, sales within the company’s BioScience business totaled $4.6 billion, and increased 2 percent (or 5 percent excluding the impact of foreign currency). Medical Products sales grew 1 percent (or 4 percent excluding the impact of foreign currency) to $5.9 billion.

2 of 5

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $93.74 0.00%
FB $117.58 0.00%
GOOG $693.01 0.00%
TSLA $240.76 0.00%
YHOO $36.60 0.00%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,773.64 -57.12 -0.32%
S&P 500 2,065.30 -10.51 -0.51%
NASDAQ 4,775.3580 -29.9330 -0.62%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs