For the nine months ended September 30, 2011, the after tax impact of these combined charges decreased net earnings by $66.3 million and diluted earnings per share by $0.65 ($66.3 million divided by 102.3 million shares).
3) The Company continues to grow its business through acquisitions and
uses Adjusted EPS Excluding Amortization as a measure of operational
performance, growth and shareholder returns. The Company believes
adjusting EPS for amortization will provide investors with better
insight into the operating performance of the business. For the quarters
ended September 30, 2012 and 2011, intangible amortization was $21.1
million and $21.2 million, respectively ($13.0 million and $13.0 million
net of tax, respectively) and decreased EPS by $0.13 ($13.0 million
divided by 96.8 million shares) and $0.13 ($13.0 million divided by
102.2 million shares), respectively. For the nine months ended September
30, 2012 and 2011, intangible amortization was $63.1 million and $64.6
million respectively ($38.9 million and $39.5 million net of tax,
respectively) and decreased EPS by $0.40 ($38.9 million divided by 98.1
million shares) and $0.39 ($39.5 million divided by 102.3 million
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV