For the nine months ended September 30, 2011, the after tax impact of these combined charges decreased net earnings by $66.3 million and diluted earnings per share by $0.65 ($66.3 million divided by 102.3 million shares).
3) The Company continues to grow its business through acquisitions and uses Adjusted EPS Excluding Amortization as a measure of operational performance, growth and shareholder returns. The Company believes adjusting EPS for amortization will provide investors with better insight into the operating performance of the business. For the quarters ended September 30, 2012 and 2011, intangible amortization was $21.1 million and $21.2 million, respectively ($13.0 million and $13.0 million net of tax, respectively) and decreased EPS by $0.13 ($13.0 million divided by 96.8 million shares) and $0.13 ($13.0 million divided by 102.2 million shares), respectively. For the nine months ended September 30, 2012 and 2011, intangible amortization was $63.1 million and $64.6 million respectively ($38.9 million and $39.5 million net of tax, respectively) and decreased EPS by $0.40 ($38.9 million divided by 98.1 million shares) and $0.39 ($39.5 million divided by 102.3 million shares), respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV