Stanley Furniture Company Inc. Stock Downgraded (STLY)
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Get full access to Jim Cramer's thoughts for less than $3/week - sometimes before he says them on TV! Start with a 14-Day Free Trial.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Household Durables industry average. The net income has decreased by 12.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$1.69 million to -$1.91 million.
- The gross profit margin for STANLEY FURNITURE CO INC is rather low; currently it is at 15.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.90% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- STANLEY FURNITURE CO INC's earnings per share declined by 8.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, STANLEY FURNITURE CO INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.35 versus -$4.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects earnings to be in line with last year (-$0.35 versus -$0.35).
- Despite the weak revenue results, STLY has outperformed against the industry average of 28.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 8.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.65% to -$1.18 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 56.65%, STANLEY FURNITURE CO INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 143.15%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE from Real Money's Jim Cramer: Winners and Losers Election 2012 - Steps to take NOW so you can profit no matter who is in charge! Free download now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts