The Company reported total assets of $6.32 billion at September 30, 2012. This represents a decrease of $202.6 million, or 3.11%, from total assets of $6.52 million at June 30, 2012. Earning assets of $5.98 billion at September 30, 2012 decreased $170.9 million, or 2.78%, when compared with $6.15 billion at June 30, 2012. The decrease in earning assets was due to a decrease in interest-earning cash as a result of prepaying $250.0 million of FHLB Advances.
Total assets of $6.32 billion at September 30, 2012 decreased $161.6 million, or 2.49%, from total assets of $6.48 billion at December 31, 2011. Earning assets totaled $5.98 billion at September 30, 2012, a decrease of $153.1 million, or 2.50%, when compared with earning assets of $6.13 billion at December 31, 2011. The decrease in earning assets was due to a decrease in interest-earning cash as a result of prepaying $250.0 million of FHLB Advances.
Investment SecuritiesInvestment securities totaled $2.26 billion at September 30, 2012 and June 30, 2012, and were up from $2.20 billion at December 31, 2011. Our investment portfolio continues to perform well. As of September 30, 2012 we had a pretax unrealized gain of $83.6 million of which $46.6 million is attributed to our municipal securities portfolio and $36.7 million is attributed to the remainder of the portfolio which is predominantly our mortgage-backed securities (“MBS”) portfolio. MBS totaled $1.52 billion at September 30, 2012. Virtually all of our mortgage-backed securities are issued by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, which have the implied guarantee of the U.S. Government. We have one private-label mortgage-backed security that has impairment. This Alt-A bond, with a book value of $2.1 million as of September 30, 2012, has had $1.8 million in net impairment loss to date since it was purchased in early 2008 with no additional impairment recorded for the third quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV