MEMPHIS, Tenn., Oct. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- James A. "Jimmy" Haslam retired as a member of the board of directors of First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN) at this week's board meeting so he can devote more time to his new role as owner of the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League.
Haslam is chairman of Pilot Flying J of Knoxville, Tenn., the largest operator of travel centers and truck stops in North America and one of the largest privately held companies in the country, and CEO of Maxum Petroleum, with combined annual sales of more than $30 billion and more than 25,000 employees working in 44 states and six Canadian provinces.
"We will miss Jimmy as a member of our board," said Bryan Jordan, First Horizon's chairman and CEO. "He's been an engaged, thoughtful director. His expertise and experience in running a large business have been important to our company during his 16 years with us."About First Horizon The 4,600 employees of First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN) provide financial services through more than 170 First Tennessee Bank locations in and around Tennessee and 18 FTN Financial Group offices in the U.S. and abroad. First Tennessee has the leading combined market deposit share in the counties where it does business and one of the highest customer retention rates of any bank in the country. FTN Financial is a capital markets industry leader in fixed income sales, trading and strategies for institutional clients in the U.S. and abroad. FHN has been recognized as one of the nation's best employers by AARP and Working Mother magazines. More information is available at www.fhnc.com. FHN-G
CONTACT: Jack Bradley, (901)523-4813, JHBradley@FirstHorizon.com Kim Cherry, (901)523-4380, KCherry@FirstHorizon.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV