BURBANK, Calif., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Walt Disney Records will release the soundtrack for the Walt Disney Animation Studios film "Wreck-It Ralph" on Oct. 30, 2012, which features four new songs and a score by composer Henry Jackman ("Winnie the Pooh," "X-Men: First Class"). Owl City contributes the end-credit song "When Can I See You Again?" Directed by Rich Moore, produced by Clark Spencer and featuring the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch, "Wreck-It Ralph" crashes into theatres on Nov. 2, 2012.
Classically trained composer Henry Jackman was called on to write the score for "Wreck-It Ralph," helping to shape the film's diverse worlds with music. Jackman researched arcade games and incorporated their classic sounds into the score, bringing the arcade and its individual games to life. According to Jackman, the score was driven by the story, which allowed him to tap his classical roots, too. "When something emotional is developing, it actually opens the door to the orchestral score without it feeling imposed," he said.
Underscoring the chaos and excitement of Hero's Duty, the first-person shooter game, GRAMMY®-winning artist Skrillex wrote the game-play music, "Bug Hunt," hand-picking Netherlands' producers/DJs/videogame soundtrack composers Noisia to remix the track for the album. "The mood of that game world is high-energy and futuristic. I make music with many different colors of the emotional spectrum—this reflects a more aggressive side of my music."Owl City ("Fireflies," "Good Time") provides an upbeat and story-driven cap to the film with "When Can I See You Again?" According to singer/songwriter/instrumentalist Adam Young, the song offers a bit of an emotional tug-of-war. "It's a very bouncy, happy, uplifting song, but there's a bittersweet part of it, leaving a key relationship in the film open-ended." The music video was directed by Matt Stawski ( Cee Lo Green, Train, All Time Low) and creates the world of a classic 8-bit video game that seamlessly connects it to the world of "Wreck-It Ralph." The video will premiere exclusively on VEVO Oct. 26. Japan's pop phenomenon AKB48 accompanies Ralph to the land of sweets with the aptly named theme song "Sugar Rush." The song also appears in the end credits. Also contributing to the end credits are Buckner & Garcia, the team behind the 1982 Top-10 hit "Pac-Man Fever." Jerry Buckner of Buckner & Garcia co-produced the song "Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph" with hit songwriter/producer Jamie Houston ( Steven Tyler, Macy Gray). Wreck-It Ralph original motion picture soundtrack track list:
- "When Can I See You Again?" Performed by Owl City
- "Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph" Performed by Buckner & Garcia
- "Celebration" Performed by Kool & The Gang
- "Sugar Rush" Performed by AKB48
- "Bug Hunt (Noisia Remix)" Performed by Skrillex
- "Shut Up and Drive" Performed by Rihanna
- "Wreck-It Ralph" Score
- "Life in the Arcade" Score
- "Jumping Ship" Score
- "Rocket Fiasco" Score
- "Vanellope von Schweetz" Score
- "Royal Raceway" Score
- "Cupcake Breakout" Score
- "Candy Vandals" Score
- "Turbo Flashback" Score
- "Laffy Taffies" Score
- "One Minute to Win It" Score
- "Vanellope's Hideout" Score
- "Messing with the Program" Score
- " King Candy" Score
- "Broken-Karted" Score
- "Out of the Penthouse, Off to the Race" Score
- "Sugar Rush Showdown" Score
- "You're My Hero" Score
- "Arcade Finale" Score
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV