The union representing American's flight attendants thinks the best route for the company is a combination with US Airways Group Inc. The APFA along with unions representing pilots and ground crews agreed to provisional contracts with US Airways earlier this year should the pair merge.
American executives have said they prefer to come out of bankruptcy as a stand-alone airline. But they are exploring other options including a tie-up with US Airways.
In a note to employees Wednesday, CEO Tom Horton said its "careful review of strategic alternatives" is continuing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV