JPMorgan Chase (JPM)
Background: JPMorgan Chase is a financial holding company. The company was founded in 1823 and is headquartered in New York City.
52-Week Range: $28.28 to $46.49Book Value: $52.56 Price to Book: 0.9 Earnings Payout Percentage: 24% Investors are receiving $1.15 in dividends for a yield of 2.7%. Paying a yield of "only" 2.7% (compared to essentially zero at the local bank), Morgan may not have attractiveness of some higher yielding companies; however, the stock chart indicates to me that a new 52-week high isn't far off. Along with capital appreciation, another dividend increase is certainly in the cards if the analysts earnings projection for 2013 are even close. The daily chart is bullish, and who wants to be against the golden CEO Jamie Dimon? Not short sellers that's for sure. Only about 1.2% of the float is betting against Dimon and crew. Morgan moves around enough to allow opportunities to jump on board during dips. No need to chase this one, just wait for bad economic news to spark selling for the day and boom, you're in at a sale price. JPM Dividend data by YCharts
Shares are slowly but steadily climbing in the last 30 days. Shares are now 2.7% higher than last month, and 32% higher over the last 52 weeks. Analysts are calling for a price target of $46.10. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV