General Electric (GE)
Background: General Electric operates as a technology and financial services company worldwide. The company was founded in 1892 and is headquartered in Fairfield, Conn.
52-Week Range: $14.68 to $23.18Book Value: $11.38 Price to Book: 2 Earnings Payout Percentage: 55% Investors receive 68 cents a year in dividends for a yield of 3%. After slashing the dividend in 2009, GE has come back strong. About three years ago, GE started moving the dividend rate higher again, and you just can't buy a more global, solid company with a bigger yield. If you want to improve your long-term investing success, you really should take a look at GE's history. GE Dividend data by YCharts
The one-year return is 39%. The average analyst current target price for General Electric is $24.69. Short sellers are not interested in betting against this one. Short interest is a nonfactor at a rate of 0.7% of the float. This time next year I expect to write about GE and what a great buy it was under $30 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV