Eli Lilly (LLY)
Background: Eli Lilly discovers, develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. The company was founded in 1876 and is headquartered in Indianapolis, Ind. The stock trades an average of 8.4 million shares per day with a marketcap of $60 billion.
52-Week Range: $35.46 to $53.99Book Value: $12.33 Price to Book: 4.2 Earnings Payout Percentage: 54% In the last month, the stock has really moved higher with a 10.8% increase. Investors are receiving $1.96 in dividends for a yield of 3.65%. The story gets even better looking at the monster 33% rise in share price over the last 52 weeks. Analysts are calling for a price target of $50.46. This isn't the first time I brought up Eli Lilly. At the end of August, I wrote about the company in
It doesn't take Tom DeMark at MarketStudies.com to figure out Lilly is running up the chart fast. The moving averages are rock-solid bullish and money is pouring into this equity. One note of caution, once the sugar high of the Affordable Care Act wears off, the health industry may face serious headwinds. Investors should obviously keep a little closer eye on the makeup of Washington next year. The last reported short interest is paltry and without reason to consider it a meaningful influence at only 1.7% of the average trading float.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV