Shoe Carnival, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCVL), a leading retailer of value-priced footwear and accessories, announced today that Mark L. Lemond is retiring for health reasons from his positions as president, chief executive officer and director effective October 27, 2012.
The Company also announced several promotions of its senior executives effective October 27, 2012 to reallocate key responsibilities. Clifton E. Sifford, currently Executive Vice President – General Merchandise Manager, will succeed Mr. Lemond as President and Chief Executive Officer, on a permanent basis, and will also have the title of Chief Merchandising Officer. Mr. Sifford will join the Board of Directors effective October 27, 2012. W. Kerry Jackson, currently Executive Vice President – Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, will assume the additional position of Chief Operating Officer. Timothy T. Baker, who is Executive Vice President – Store Operations, will also oversee all real estate operations at the Company.
"The Board of Directors is grateful to Mark for his many years of leadership," said Wayne Weaver, chairman of the board of the Company. "Mark's contributions have helped make Shoe Carnival the successful and innovative retailer that it is today. The Board and management team join me in wishing him a return to full health and good luck with any future pursuits."
Mr. Lemond said, "Due to certain health reasons and my desire to spend more time with my family, I have decided to retire at the end of this fiscal quarter. It has been my great pleasure to have been associated with this company for nearly 25 years and to have been its CEO for 16 years. In my opinion, we have assembled the best executive management team in the retail footwear industry. I am proud of our record of accomplishments and am confident that team will continue to drive this company forward to realize its full potential."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV