BALTIMORE, Oct. 17, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) and the Northrop Grumman Foundation today announced they are partnering to launch the UMBC Cyber Scholars program, which is to be housed in the university's new Cybersecurity Center, and run in partnership with the UMBC Center for Women in Technology. This new initiative is an extension of an already-strong partnership in cyber-related activities that has developed between UMBC, the foundation and Northrop Grumman, and includes the Cync program, a start-up business incubator dedicated to cultivating companies that develop innovative solutions to counter the global cyber threat.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://media.globenewswire.com/noc/mediagallery.html?pkgid=15282
The Northrop Grumman Foundation will provide a $1 million grant to launch the Cyber Scholars program, which will begin Jan. 1, 2013."Northrop Grumman is proud to support education programs that will develop tomorrow's cyber leaders," said Wes Bush, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Northrop Grumman. "Innovative partnerships like the Cyber Scholars program will further our nation's strategic objective to build a broad pipeline of qualified cyber professionals. I am very pleased the foundation is partnering with UMBC on this important initiative."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV