Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Oct. 17, from The Associated Press:
â¿¿ Halliburton Co. said a decline in revenue in its core North America market was largely responsible for a 12 percent decline in third-quarter profit.
â¿¿ Drug and medical device maker Abbott Laboratories reported higher third-quarter profit Wednesday, edging past analyst expectations, even as revenue slipped.
â¿¿ Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. said its third-quarter net income and revenue grew thanks to growing demand for its Internet security software.â¿¿ Shares of UniFirst Corp. rose after the uniform company said that its fiscal fourth-quarter profit rose 25 percent, although it issued a modest full-year forecast due to concerns about high unemployment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV