Progenics Pharmaceuticals (PGNX) is a biopharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes innovative therapeutic products to treat the unmet medical needs of patients with debilitating conditions and life-threatening diseases. This stock is trading up 5.8% to $3.24 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $3.06-$3.2852-Week Range: $2.38-$11.34 Volume: 132,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 329,631 From a technical perspective, PGNX is ripping higher here with light volume. This stock has been downtrending badly for the last three months, with shares plunging from $6.50 to its recent low of $2.38. During that downtrend, shares of PGNX have been consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, PGNX has started to rebound the last few weeks with the stock now making higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish action. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PGNX if it can manage to trigger a near-term breakout trade above some resistance levels at $3.40 to $3.88 with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above 329,631 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then PGNX will setup to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.36 to $4.75. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV