Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing oral drugs that target G protein-coupled receptors, in four therapeutic areas: cardiovascular, central nervous system, inflammatory and metabolic diseases. This stock is trading up 5.8% to $9.91 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $9.39-$10.0552-Week Range: $1.27-$13.50 Volume: 12.7 million Three-Month Average Volume: 11.3 million >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, ARNA is ripping to the upside here with above-average volume. This move has started to push ARNA into breakout territory, since the stock has pushed above some past overhead resistance levels at $9.42 to $9.44. Traders should now watch for the next major breakout trade to hit in ARNA. That trade will trigger once ARNA clears some past overhead resistance at $10.35 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ARNA as long as it's trending above those breakout levels, and then once it sustains a move or close above $10.35 with volume that hits near or above 11.3 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then ARNA will setup to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $12.07 to $13.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV