Higher One, a leader in providing financial services and data analytics to over 1,250 college and university campuses across the U.S., has opened submissions for its Money on My Mind contest, which asks students to submit a video about their money management challenges and the strategies they implement to overcome the struggle of juggling school, work, family and life in general.
To enter, Higher One invites students to submit a two-minute video via YouTube or Vimeo addressing the following questions:
1. What is the number one major money management challenge you face or did face as a student juggling school, work, family, and/or life in general?
2. What are some strategies you use to help you overcome these challenges?3. How does having a bank account, especially an online account, help you with managing your money? 4. If you could offer one recommendation to a new college student about money management, what would it be? Up to 10 winning videos will be chosen and featured on Higher One’s One for Your Money website, with each featured video winner receiving a cash prize and the grand prize winner receiving $2,000. Additionally, students who submit comments on the One for Your Money site will be entered to win a $20 gift card. “Our goal with Money on My Mind is to help students engage and influence their peers positively on the topic of financial literacy directly via social media, and it has proven very effective,” said Mary Johnson, Financial Literacy and Consumer Advocacy expert at Higher One. “Last year, over 130 video submissions were received from students across the country detailing the number one money management challenge faced while trying to balance school and non-academic life.” Higher One believes that students can be financially responsible and, when given the necessary tools, can successfully live within their means. To that end, Higher One offers innovative student banking services based on choice and has dedicated resources to financial literacy including its Financial Intelligence online financial literacy course and the One For Your Money blog dedicated to the fundamentals of finances for college students. Eligibility and Official Rules: The contest is open to all students at colleges and universities that utilize Higher One’s suite of services. Contest begins 10/1/12 and ends 10/31/12. Commenter Sweepstakes begins 11/5/12 & ends 12/6/12. Click here for Official Rules & complete details. About Higher One Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV