The Board of Directors of Royce Micro-Cap Trust (NYSE–RMT) has authorized the redemption of all outstanding shares of its 6.00% Cumulative Preferred Stock (NYSE - RMT.pra). The date of the redemption is November 15, 2012, and the redemption price will be equal to the Liquidation Preference of $25.00 per Preferred Share, plus accumulated but unpaid dividends. The Paying Agent for the redemption is Computershare Trust Company, N.A.
A senior secured credit facility provided by a financial institution will be used to redeem and replace a portion of the outstanding Preferred Shares.
On and after the redemption date, the Preferred Shares will no longer be deemed outstanding, dividends will stop accumulating, and all of the rights of the Preferred Stockholders with respect to the redeemed Preferred Shares will cease, except the right to receive the redemption price. A redemption notice will soon be sent to all Preferred Stockholders of record.
The Preferred Shares, which trade on the New York Stock Exchange, are rated ‘A1’ by Moody’s and had an annual dividend rate of $1. 50 per share. The Preferred Shares were issued on October 16, 2003 at $25.00 per share. They paid distributions on a quarterly basis. Following five years of call protection, on October 16, 2008 the Preferred Shares became callable at any time at the Liquidation Preference of $25.00 per share plus accumulated but unpaid dividends.Royce Micro-Cap Trust, Inc. is a closed-end diversified management investment company whose shares of Common Stock (NYSE-RMT) and Preferred Stock are listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange. The Fund’s investment goal is long-term capital growth, which it seeks by investing primarily in equity securities of companies that, at the time of investment, have market capitalizations up to $750 million. For more information on The Royce Funds sm, please visit our website, www.roycefunds.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV