For the fourth-quarter, the Santa Clara, Calif.-based firm expects revenue of $13.6 billion, plus or minus $500 million. Non-GAAP gross margins are expected to be between 57% and 58%, plus or minus a couple of percentage points. That's slightly below the $13.74 billion in sales analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect.
Third-quarter numbers beat expectations, but those expectations were lowered just two months ago when Intel cut its outlook amid weak economic conditions. Intel earned 58 cents a share on revenue of $13.5 billion. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters were looking for 49 cents a share on revenue of $13.23 billion.
Shares of eBay (EBAY) were slightly higher, up 0.12% to $48.30 as the online auction company prepares to report third-quarter results after the bell. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect eBay to earn 54 cents a share on $3.4 billion in revenue. The San Jose, Calif.-based firm has had a strong run this year, gaining 59.28%, outpacing the broader Nasdaq. Interested in more on eBay? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV