Iron Creek Defines Significant Gold And Silver Anomalies From A Talus-Fines Sampling Survey At Its Exploradora Project, Northern Chile
The main Portezuelo South epithermal vein structure, partially exposed in historic trenches, is shown to be highly anomalous in gold and silver, as well as pathfinder elements such as arsenic and antimony. In detail, at least two and possibly three sub-parallel structures are revealed in this area. The overall strike length of the mineralized Portezuelo South trend defined to date by the surface geochemistry is approximately 2km - significantly greater than the strike length subject to historic trenching - suggesting a potentially important series of mineralized structures. Additionally, lead and zinc show a high degree of anomalism along this trend.
Other potentially important mineralized trends have also been defined:
- Portezuelo Secondary North Structure - approximately 500m of strike length of a new structure, sub-parallel and located 750m northeast of the main Portezuelo South structure, is revealed by anomalous gold, silver, arsenic, antimony, lead and zinc values.
- Perdida Anomaly - several geochemical anomalies, dominated by gold, silver, lead, zinc and copper, with only very minor arsenic and antimony, occur in an area approximately 1km west of the main Portezuelo South structure. The anomalies may reflect more than one obscured structure in the bedrock.
- Other smaller anomalies may be significant and worthy of further follow up.
Tim Beale, President of Iron Creek, commented: "These geochemical anomalies have confirmed Iron Creek's interpretation when we originally optioned the property that the potential for possibly mineralized epithermal vein structures around the margins of the Exploradora plutonic complex was much greater than the limited outcrops and historic trenching had previously indicated. We are excited by these results, which give us justification for extending the talus-fines sampling surveys over the rest of the property, as well as justifying detailed follow-up of the existing anomalies with trenching and possibly drilling."
Summary maps showing the location of the talus-fines sampling survey together with some of the principal geochemical results are available on Iron Creek's website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV